Sunday, October 11, 2009

Me and Scott Schuman

Scott Schuman was in Dublin last Friday from 1 to 3 o'clock in the National Gallery of Photography and then was in Dundrum shopping centre for a reception (unfortunately I could not go). It was crowded, it seemed like all the trendy people of Dublin were in but one place on Friday.
We also all had the same book clenched under our arms and a bit shaking at the idea that we might be able to "touch" Scott. Yes I call him Scott because after all, we had a little chat after I stopped trembling of course and smiling like I was 15 years old again.
I will not talk about the fact that he spelled my name Clayre instead of Claire and just say that he was very professional: shake of the hand, smile, Hi nice to meet you (of course we said it at the same time so did not make much sense) and then grabbed the book! He did ask me though what I was doing and I said well I am studying fashion and he looked at me and said 'what kind of fashion'? (see I did not know which one to pick!) I answered that I was interested in fashion styling and then the interesting bit of the conversation was finally there when he asked me who was my favorite designers. We ended up talking about Yves Saint Laurent of course, he seemed to really like his work as well but I could not tell if he was polite or actually agreed.
I took a picture and that was it.
Was once again on the street (not that I live there either) and could not feel anything more, Yes I saw the Sartorialist in Dublin, but I wish I had an hour interview to make me feel like I know something more. If you had the perfect question to ask him please let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment